100 Things About Me
1. My name is Kelsie Kay.
2. My name is a combination of my 2 Grandmas’ names…
Katherine and Elsie… My middle name is from Katherine (Kay is the
nickname of it).
3. When I was born, I was a planned C-section.
4. It was planned because my older brother was a C-section
due to being breech and back then they would do repeat C-sections.
5. If the baby my Mom carried before me had not miscarried,
then I wouldn’t exist. The doctors told her (after my brother’s
birth) that she could safely only have one more child.
6. I only have one older brother, Rob. Because of him I have
a sister-in-law, Kathy.
7. In June of 2007 I FINALLY became an aunt to Conner Ray.
8. I have never lived anywhere but San Antonio, TX.
9. I lived in my childhood home until the summer before my
junior year of HS.
10. My favorite smell is vanilla.
11. And my favorite colors are reds/pinks.
12. I LOVE the autumn/winter months.
13. My favorite holiday is Halloween.
14. I’m a Christian.
15. I’ve started reading the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye
and find it life changing.
16. I like Indian food… my favorite dish is Chicken Tikka
Masala.
17. I feel that HS was a much more memorable and fun
experience than college.
18. I was a very creative child.
19. I was so creative that I stretched the truth a lot about
various things (being colorblind, having an older brother in Saudi
Arabia in the desert storm war, etc.).
20. I have never had broken bones other than my toes/knee.
21. I had knee surgery at age 18 exactly one month before my
19th birthday.
22. Prior to this my knee had given out in a Chuck E. Cheese’s
parking lot.
23. Despite the Dr. advising me not to, I marched in 2 more
drumline competitions with my high school (one winning state, one
winning 4th place internationally).
24. Percussion instruments were not my first instrument;
clarinet was.
25. I also sing (I have from a VERY young age).
26. I’m a self-taught acoustic guitar player.
27. I took lessons with the principal clarinetist (of 30+
years) for the San Antonio Symphony Orchestra.
28. He didn’t believe me when I told him I had perfect pitch
and complained to him that it was a burden.
29. I discovered that I had perfect pitch during my aural
skills classes while pursuing my minor in Music Studies.
30. I am afraid of birds…. All kinds.
31. I will run from sparrows, and get generally disturbed when
a bird looks at me too long.
32. I am German-American.
33. My Dad works for a company that was founded by Germans,
and I’ve had to participate in several German traditional events.
34. Oktoberfest is one of my favorite German traditional
events.
35. I’m also part European mutt; I have Scottish, Irish, and
English blood.
36. I danced ballet, tap, and jazz for nearly 12 years. I
started at the age of 3.
37. I didn’t enjoy dance thoroughly the last 3 years I was in
it.
38. I really loved playing soccer, and played for 3 seasons
during elementary school.
39. I wish I had kept playing, and hope that someday I’ll once
again be in good enough shape to play for fun.
40. While I like playing soccer, I don’t really like watching
games on TV.
41. I don’t really enjoy any sports on TV other than Spurs
basketball.
42. I am a fairly huge Spurs fan.
43. My favorite restaurant is Red Lobster.
44. I have the recipe for their Cheddar Bay Biscuits and their
tartar sauce.
45. I like office supplies… a lot.
46. I like to use post it notes to remind myself of just about
everything.
47. I would put post it notes in so many places during college
it would drive my mom crazy.
48. When I lived with my best friend in our apartment I was
known as the “Coaster Nazi.”
49. I would scream at anyone who didn’t use a coaster… anyone!
50. I have only dated 2 men long-term.
51. I still talk to one… at LEAST weekly.
52. I hope the other one learns from his terrible mistakes.
53. I have been in a relationship where someone cheated on me.
54. I found out about it through an anonymous message… on
myspace.
55. He had gotten her pregnant and eloped with her a week
after I found out.
56. I have difficulty trusting people largely because of this
situation.
57. For most of my life I have only had 1 grandparent
(Paternal Grandma).
58. I never met my mother’s mother.
59. Or my mother’s brother.
60. They both passed away long before I was even thought of.
61. My Uncle Bobby was killed by a drunk driver.
62. I enjoy listening to music a lot.
63. If I’m not listening to music, I am thinking of a song in
my head or I am humming a song’s tune.
64. I have a cat named Mozart.
65. She was named after my favorite classical composer, and
also due to my love of the movie Amadeus.
66. I know nearly every line of the movie Amadeus.
67. Every year at Thanksgiving I am forced to watch Rio Bravo
starring John Wayne.
68. I do not like the movie at all, and usually sleep during
2/3 of it.
69. I have never eaten Asparagus or Brussels Sprout.
70. I love Green Bean Casserole. I could eat it every week.
71. Pizza is my absolute favorite food… I eat it all the time,
even though I shouldn’t.
72. I love to cook, especially for other people.
73. I also love to bake… and usually bake large amounts of
cookies at Christmas to give to various loved ones/friends.
74. I earned my Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies
in May of 2006.
75. I was certified to teach grades EC-4 by the State of Texas
when I graduated.
76. In November of 2007 I added a certification to teach
grades 4-8 after taking a very difficult test.
77. I did the best in the math portion of the test, despite
being told in 2nd grade that I would never be smart at math.
78. I’m not a public crier. I have only cried in front of one
of my 2 long term boyfriends.
79. I think I have encountered (and am getting over) my
quarter-life crisis.
80. I can’t wait to get married and have kids.
81. I want to travel to Germany some day and stay for at least
2 weeks.
82. I also want to visit the UK.
83. I have never been to NYC.
84. I just made my first visit to Las Vegas, NV.
85. I mainly went because I was Maid of Honor in a friend’s
wedding at the MGM Grand.
86. I can spot people in movies and give the name of movie
titles of obscure movies they’ve been in.
87. I like watching movies about musical artists. Especially
Elvis, Judy Garland, and Johnny Cash.
88. I have contemplated getting married at the Chapel at
Graceland.
89. I have also thought of using Graceland as the middle name
for a girl (if I have a girl).
90. Because I love the Beatles so much, I’ve given serious
consideration to using Jude somewhere in a boy’s name (if I have a
boy).
91. I suffer during allergy season in the fall/winter months.
92. I almost always lose my voice at least once a year due to
allergy related problems.
93. I also suffer from severe migraine headaches.
94. I have discovered I sometimes sleep walk.
95. I love old movies from the 40’s-60’s.
96. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era.
97. I suffered an extremely traumatic event when I was in 6th
grade.
98. I have 4 very good friends that I can talk about anything
with.
99. My friend Jamey and I have known each other since we were
about 5 years old.
100. I have a backup in case neither he nor I are married by 30
years old.
1 comment:
the 100th one was the best thing. Having a back up for marriage is surely a different one
Post a Comment